Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Viral Infection In My Infant

' Alice in Wonderland 'Tim Burton





"Quelle est la différence entre a raven and a writing desk?" the Mad Hatter asks Alice throughout the film. Besides the fact that the Hatter does not answer to the riddle unfortunately (unlike what Lewis Carroll highlight of Through the Looking Glass ) the film of Tim Burton comes down to the adjective generally follows: disappointing.

I will not dwell on lines with respect to this kind of obsession that has for 3D because I myself, during the session, wearing my red and green glasses. I would add that just see this flood of posters decked the 3D logo begins to seriously break my candy. But that is not the issue, since I found that the 3D was pretty well used. Admittedly, it flattens the colors but it fits well with the dark world of Mr. Burton, and for once, (but unlike my cousins) I'm not leaving the room with an irresistible urge to put my head in the toilet.
So I see, graphically it is sublime. A world oh so Tim Burton, with outlandish costumes, the dress that Alice puts orgasmic when in the Red Queen, a colorful Hatter ...

Only ... Here, that's the problem is that there is "only". A beautiful scenery is not everything. Who knows why Tim wanted at all costs translate the world of Carroll's 10 years later, when Alice is old enough to marry. Who knows why this world, usually so funny, so crazy and so ambiguous, becomes a completely black and white, with white pieces on one side and red cards in the other. Tim is known normally for its strange movie, devoid of morals, which explore the darkest corners of consciousness and childhood fears. One would think that the works of Lewis Carroll correspond well mad genius of Burton. Yes, dear viewers, this film could have been a massacre.
Instead, we used one in Narnia (because after all, Tim Burton is above the crap for kids) where Alice becomes a heroine who must battle the evil Red Queen. Not only is the antithesis of the spirit of Carroll, but more clumsily Tim amalgam Queen of Hearts from Alice to the Red Queen's chessboard of the second album. It The result is a rough movie, with great length.
Generally, references Carrollian are very poorly integrated, especially when Alice has not yet fallen into the burrow. Like when she noticed a caterpillar on the shoulder of her stepmother nickname ...

The worst is the recreation of Victorian society, its rules and customs. Looks like a sub adaptation of Jane Austen for the BBC. What do you, Tim try, the sauce does not really. I will not dwell on the ridiculousness of Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the total absence of humor, lest the director castigate I love (did) so much.
God thank you, Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp catch up somewhat the case, I must admit that the Hatter is still very good. Depp is pure, he abandoned the mimicry unbearable legacy of Jack Sparrow that were found in Sweeney Todd, and Helena is pleasurable in Queen unbearably angry.
The actress who plays Alice is not bad, except at the beginning where she spends her time trying to wake up.
But the problem is that that's about all. Pay you a good slice of Marradi, though, as my cousins and I, you wanted to piss you laugh at the slightest appearance of the eyes of toad Anne Hathaway. The worst part is that I do not even know if Burton was aware of his game distressing and arms constantly in the air that we want to cut to make it look like the Venus de Milo. As to his castle, he is labeled Barbie Power Mille.
Finally, the scary side of Carroll's work is completely neutralized. If the Jabberwocky surprises with its graphic quality, as soon as he opens his mouth, you feel like crying because of the stupidity of the spoken word.

can find a thousand explanations for these failures, but I think simply, the universe (too) British Carroll does not fit Burton, and that is why the Victorian society portrayed is devoid of any shred of reality. By trying to do too original, it has moved away from the extraordinary drawings by John Tenniel who returned to the literary conscience, or, later, the paw Arthur Rackham Fairy. And to console me, I want to review the Alice Disney remains the best adaptation of the book, whatever one may say. Even if Burton hated that cartoon, and even if for now, the person I think about when I see the tea scene is miles away. Yep, this is Alice at least has the merit of provoking uncontrolled dementia home, to want to scream expressions typically nonsense like "WHAT TIME IS THE TIME?", "A MONNNNSTRE" and other "paint the roses red". And if you are careful, some dialogues are unchanged.

That worries me. Because Tim is on a slippery slope. Maybe that family life makes it silly and plunged into a sea of marshmallow, but it produced no masterpiece since Big Fish. I am replicate there were Corpse Bride and Charlie and the Chocolate . course, but these films lack the emotion of Big Fish, or the strength of visual Sleepy Hollow or humor Beetlejuice. Mr Burton, return us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment